* New linen products should be washed before use with a mild detergent in cool or lukewarm water (30°C/86°F).
* Using a tumble dryer.
* Linen should be removed from the washing machine or tumble dryer immediately after the last cycle.
* Drying in bright sunlight for extended periods of time may result in colours fading.
* Ironing is best done when the fabric is still slightly damp.
* Wash linen at a maximum of 40°C/104°F in the main wash or in a gentle shorter programme. It is * It is preferable to use a detergent specially designed for coloured wash (without bleach) to avoid wash stripes and fading of colours.
* Never use chlorine bleach. Bleach weakens the fiber of the fabric and will strip out the colour of the white fabric. Instead, use specially designed stain removers and brighten whites.
* Do not use high temperatures when tumble dry. Excessive heat damages the yarn and its softness. It also causes the fabric to shrink too much. * Beware of detergents that contain optical brighteners as these can cause fading over time in darker colours.
* Be careful with body lotions, facial creams, hair products and certain soaps. Some contain chemicals that act just like bleach, and will fade colours or leave light stains.